Interactive English Language School Limited is a private college for adults, whose primary educational focus is providing quality English language tuition to non-native speakers of English in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment. For many of our learners, their time with us is the first time they have travelled outside their countries, so we endeavour to make the experience a positive and encouraging one that will expand the learners’ linguistic, educational, intellectual, and social horizons.
Our aims are to:
- encourage learners to take possession of their learning,
- encourage the development of cross-cultural relationships,
- encourage learners to think critically and freely,
- facilitate the development of learners’ global (not purely English) communication skills,
- encourage learners to engage in life-long learning.
- The following guiding principles are to be considered in the planning and execution of courses and lessons, and the selection of teaching materials, activities, methods, and methodologies.
- Teaching is about the development of the whole person.
- All learners are given equality of opportunity in learning.
- Teaching builds on learners’ strengths, interests and experiences.
- Learners are presented with a wide range of learning opportunities.
- Learners are presented with new challenges.
- Teaching reflects the learners’ place in the global community.