General English – Elementary
Hours per week:
Timetable: Afternoon shift 13.15-16.30, Monday to Friday
Minimum age: 18
Max class size: 15 (in busy times up to 17 for a short periods of time)
Average class: Size 9-12
Start date: Any Monday
Length of course: Minimum 1 week
Options: Combinations possible with additional courses at similar level
Suitable for: All students and professionals
This course is for students who have a very low, basic knowledge of the English language. The courses focus on grammar, reading, as well as speaking and writing about everyday topics.
These courses are for students who don’t have fluency in English, problems with basic grammar and little or no confidence in using English.
By the end of the General English – Elementary course, you will be able to:
- Reading: Understand short texts in simple language and find specific information in timetables, menus and advertisements.
- Writing: Fill in forms with personal details; write short notes and messages, holiday postcards and simple personal letters.
- exchange opinions with others and justify your point of view
- Listening: Understand basic personal information and information about the local area, e.g. shopping, travel and employment. To understand main points of clear simple messages and announcements.
- Speaking: Ask and answer simple questions on familiar topics. To describe the place where you live, family members and people you know. To talk simply about education and jobs.
We would expect a student to take about 12 weeks to complete this level.