Policy on Student Absences
- Students should come to all lessons, on time and ready for learning.
- Students must come to at least 80% of the course.
- If a student does not come to at least 80% of the course, they may be reported to the UK Border Agency and they might have difficulties extending their visa or applying for a new visa. In case student misses 10 consecutive expected contacts without us reasonably giving them permission, we are obliged to inform UK Border Agency within 10 working days of the 10th missed contact.
- Before your course starts we will tell you the number of hours in your course and minimum attendance required.
- The teacher will mark who is in class and who is not at the beginning of the lesson. If you are not in class 15 minutes after the start of the lesson, you will be marked ‘absent’.
- If you are marked ‘absent’ (unless absence is authorised) for more than 15% of the total number of hours in your course, we will tell you that this has happened and tell you again the minimum attendance required. We will ask you if you have any problems coming to school and try to help you to fix them.
- If you are marked ‘absent’ (unless absence is authorised) for more than 20% of the total number of hours in your course, we will tell you that this has happened. We will also inform you that you may be reported to the UK Border Agency and might have difficulties extending your visa or applying for a new visa, unless your attendance improves.
This table shows the number of days and hours in full-time 12 week and 24 week courses.
|Weeks in course
||Total days/hours in course
Student might miss lessons because they are sick or for another good reason. If possible, student needs to inform teacher or the school if they are going to be absent and why.
- The school reserves the right to refuse a student entry to the classroom if the student’s attendance falls below the required level. In special circumstances we may allow student to continue classes even if they don’t fulfil requirements of our attendance policies. Please speak to the reception if you are worried about your attendance.
- Students will only receive a certificate of attendance if their attendance meets the minimum requirement of 80%